WHO ARE THE MAVENS?
The Mavens, are a supplemental educational enrichment program for children ages 5-13, focused on assisting our youth by gathering knowledge essential to make a difference.
The Mavens are a for profit organization founded within the community, for the community, by 5 fathers.
Betterville, is a symbolic representation of the advancement of our communities to not only compete on a global scale but to also become self-sustaining.
Our mission is to provide our children with an advanced education through “GeoCoBotics” while also reinforcing the concept of community economics.
GeoCoBotics is broken in to 3 parts...
- Defined as the global discipline, it is the bridge between human and physical science
- The field of science dedicated to the study of land features as well as the inhabitants.
- Our focus is on Asian and African history. Combined, these two continents make up 5 of the 7 billion people in the world.
- As a Maven, your child will understand his or her origins, and REAL history. We believe this understanding is a monumental building block to a child's self-actualization and a feeling of self worth.
- Computational thinking and computer programing
- Many refer to Coding as the “New Literacy”
- An analytical process in which data is categorized to facilitate analysis
- Coding helps kids develop problem solving and critical thinking. Encourages creation vs consumption which ties into community economics. uploading (money in) vs downloading (money out)
- Robotics is fun!
- Robotics is the premier integrator in education
- A branch of engineering and computer science that deals with the design, construction, operation and application of robots as well as computer systems for their control and sensory feedback - Robotics focuses on teamwork, innovation and problem solving
As a Maven your child will attend 5-7 week sessions of Geocobotics along with Mandarin language classes. The teachers are not only accredited within the field but are comfortable and love working with our demographic.
The Mavens will be taught the Madarin language by native speakers in preparation for the Youth Chinese Test (YCT). YCT is an international standardized Chinese language test which is directed at non-native primay and secondary school students' ability to apply Chinese language in their studies and daily lives.
- Mandarin is the number one spoken language in the World, a crucial skill in competing in a Global Marketplace
- The ability to communicate with 1.3 Billion people is empowering and creates many new opportunities
- Drastically increases job and entrepreneurship opportunities globally.
- Ancient African and ancient Chinese culture have many similarities. By learning the Chinese culture many of the Mavens are learning about their past as well.
- China has the largest economy in the world!